Friday, December 19, 2008

December is just one of those days

Sometimes I really hate the holidays. I'm not a Scrooge by birth, but with people constantly coming over I feel the urge to have my little apartment looking like the holiday spirit. Only thing is my holiday spirit is only worth $12. Why buy candles for $5 when I can get them 2 for 99 cents? Either way, no matter how many times I clean my house, it looks like a tornado in the middle of Manhattan. Nothing ever looks clean enough and for me to get my SAHM badge of honor, this little apartment in the suburbs has to look purfect! Oh, and I hate cats.

It finally snowed in Quartz Hill, CA and my kids hated it. Along with my husband, I took my 2 kids (ages 1 and 3) out 2 days ago to see the snow for the first times in their life. My 1 year old looked at the snow like another opportunity to eat something off of the ground while my 3 year old started to become agitated at the snowflakes that kept touching his face. Everyone knows that the only way to get rid of snowflakes is to scream so that's exactly what he did. He was always a good boy. After I was done hearing his alarm, I reluctantly took him inside. I guess we are going to have to put a hold on bringing Frosty back to life.

So here I am inside of nearly clean apartment waiting for the breadwinner to return home so that I can once again clean what ever dirt and clothing he sheds off as soon as he walks through the door. My kids are in their room playing their favorite screaming game before taking a nap and I'm here typing away, hoping that the time goes by quicker. Santa, all I want for Christmas is the Sandman. He's more useful now a days for this SAHM than you are anymore.

No comments: